1st September 2015
The development of local agriculture by providing high-quality fertilizers is one of the top priorities assumed by Azomures, the most important Romanian fertilizer producer.
In November 2015, the new GRANULAR UREA production installation will start-up, turning Azomures into the only producer of this type of fertilizer in South-Eastern Europe. Azomures will offer farmers a NEW product with substantially improved granulation, which is also an environment-friendly fertilizer. In the range of Nitrogen-based fertilizers, GRANULAR UREA stands out as the fertilizer with the highest Nitrogen (N) content, 46%.
Among the advantages of GRANULAR UREA the following should be mentioned:
- Uniform granulation
- Compact, bigger and denser granules
- The new granulation system prevents Nitrogen (N) loss into the atmosphere; the Nitrogen (N) is captured, transformed into ammoniacal nitrogen and provided to plants.
- The higher density combined with the smoother surface, result in slower solubility, increasing the Nitrogen (N) recovery rate.
- GRANULAR UREA acts as a neutral substance in the soil-plant system (pH – approximately 7)
- Application precision and application width are increased by up to 50 % compared to prilled urea
- The increased resistance to crushing provides storage and handling of the product without causing dust
- The machinery workload is reduced, as they cover a larger spreading area, even under adverse weather conditions.
GRANULAR UREA does not fall into the category of fertilizers requiring transportation restrictions, therefore reducing storage and handling costs.
Azomures Press Office