22nd December 2015
Azomures has recently finalized one of the most important social responsibility campaigns implemented together with the employees from the fertilizer production platform.
The second edition of the campaign “Let’s give together for Christmas” took place between 19 November – 18 December 2015 and, due to the employees’ significant support, has managed to put a smile on the faces of those who cannot fully enjoy the celebration of Jesus Christ’s birth because of financial difficulties or other serious family problems.
Each Azomures employee could donate any sum of money, and the collected sum was doubled by the company employers at the end of the campaign. Thus it was possible to raise an important amount of money, which was used to acquire durable goods (large household appliances – fridges, professional cooker, potato-peeling machine, laptops) and food for the following beneficiaries:
- School Center for Inclusive Education no.1 in Tirgu Mures (227 children)
- 5 families whose members are Azomures employees
- 6 economically disadvantaged families in Tirgu Mures
- 5 students in the Mures county with excellent academic results
- The Emergency Intervention Service (abuse, neglect, traffic, migration, child helpline)
- 11 cookers for the inhabitants of the social housing apartment building on Cugir street, in the Mureseni district.
Besides the Azomures employees, this campaign was supported by companies working on the Tirgu Mures platform, to which a part of the maintenance activities were outsourced.
By initiating such campaigns, Azomures reaffirms its role in the local community and appreciates the way in which the company employees have chosen to become involved in activities helping people in need.
Azomureș Press Office